Roasted Rib of Beef with Chimichurri sauce
1 x 2.25kg rib of beef (2 ribs)
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Tsp dried oregano
- Sea salt and lots of crushed black pepper
- Glug of oil
- Tbsp balsamic vinegar
Mix the marinade ingredients together, rub into the beef, cover and leave to sit in the fridge for a couple of hours. Remove the meat from the fridge an hour before cooking and allow the beef to reach room temperature.
Pre-heat the oven to 180/gas 4
In a heavy bottomed frying pan, sear the beef on all sides until well browned and sealed. Place in a roasting tin and cook in the oven.
- Rare 15 minutes per 450g.
- Medium 20 minutes per 450g.
- Well-done 25 minutes per 450g.
When done to your liking, remove from the oven, cover with foil and a tea towel, leave to rest for 30 minutes.
- 1 bunch of parsley leaves
- 1 spring onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp dried or fresh oregano
- Splash of red wine vinegar
- Juice from ½ lime
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried red chilli flakes
Place all the ingredients in a blender and pulse together until chopped finely and well mixed. Use immediately or store in the fridge in a sealed container.
This sauce is delicious with all meats and fish, and can even be used as a salad dressing. The amounts of ingredients used can be tweaked to your own liking.